- 1⁄2 kg tendli (ivy gourd), sliced in 6 julienne style pieces
- 2 onions, medium-sized, sliced
- 1 tomato, large, sliced
- 4 green chilies, slit in half
- 1⁄2” ginger, minced
- 8-9 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1⁄2 cup, fresh coconut, grated
- 3 tbsp, cooking oil
- salt, as per taste
Take a pan and add oil. When the oil is warm, add mustard seeds, crushed garlic and curry leaves. Once you start to get the aroma of the garlic, add green chillies, onions, tomato, ginger, garlic and salt.
Mix well and cover the pan with a lid, cooking on a low flame. When onion and tomatoes are soft, add the cut tendli, turmeric powder and some water. Mix well and continue to cook under a covered lid on a low flame for 10 to 12 more minutes. When the tendli is soft consider them cooked, add the fresh grated coconut and serve.