- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp, ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 1⁄2 ltd, full cream / whole milk
- 200g condensed milk
- 150g fresh cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry fruits (almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts), crushed coarsely
- 2 tbsp raisins (for garnishing)
- 1 tsp vanilla (food flavour)
- 1⁄2 tsp Kewra water (food flavour)
Add ghee to a pan and fry semolina on low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Do this till you are able to get an aroma of roasted semolina and the semolina seems crispy. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
Next heat the milk with sugar until slightly warm and add the roasted semolina. Keep stirring making sure that no lumps are formed. When the mixture starts to thicken, add condensed milk, cream and mix well.
Add crushed dry fruits and 1⁄2 tbsp raisins. Finally add Vanilla and Kewra water mix well. Remove off heat and onto serving dish. Garnish with the remaining raisins.
Serve hot or chilled.
Tip 1: If the kheer is thicker than you’d like add a cup of boiling milk when serving hot or cold milk when serving cold.
Tip 2: If serving chilled, make sure that the dish has reached a near room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator.