French beans tel piyao
- 1⁄2 kg, french beans, cut in thin slants
- 2 onions, medium-sized, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, large-sized, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup, fresh coconut, grated
- 3 green chillies, slit in half
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2” ginger, chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt, as per taste
Take a pan, place all the above ingredients with the oil and salt. Cook for ten minutes on a low flame, until beans are soft.
Add grated coconut, mix and cook for a further two to three minutes.
This dish can also be made with red chilly powder and garam masala instead of green chilies, to give it an extra kick of spice. All other ingredients remain the same.