- 500 g fish of your choice (mackerel/tuna/kingfish)
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 medium-sized onlion, chopped fine
- 3 green chillies ,chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 5-6 mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp., ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp, turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. red chilly powder
- 1⁄4 tsp, garam masala powder
- 2 tsp vinegar / Lemon juice
- salt, as per taste
- 2 cups, bread crumbs
- 2 cups, water
- 1 egg, beaten
- cooking oil (for frying)
Clean the fish, cut into big pieces and put in a pan with 2 cups of water, 1⁄4 tsp. turmeric, 1 tsp. vinegar and some salt. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame for 5 to 7 mins.
When done keep aside to cool. Once cool, debone the fish making sure that all the bones have been removed.
In another bowl add the fish, mashed potato, onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, mint leaves, egg, red chilly powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well together, and using your palms make small ping-pong sized balls. Flatten these between your palms and coat them with fresh bread crumbs. You may choose to either deep or shallow fry them.
Serve with green chutney or chilly sauce.