- 1⁄2 kg, alasande, diced, or cut in slants
- 2 onions, medium-sized, diced
- 1 tomato, large, diced
- 4 green chillies, slit in half
- 1⁄2” ginger, minced
- 8-9 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt, as per taste
In a pan, add oil and when warm add mustard seeds, curry leaves and crushed garlic. When you start to get the aroma of the garlic, add green chilies, ginger,onions, tomato and some salt.
Mix well and cover the pan with the lid, leaving to cook on a low flame. Once the onion and tomato has softened, add turmeric powder and cut alasande and mix well.
Cover the pan again and cook until the alasande is half done (soft yet crunchy at parts).Finally add the grated coconut and cook for a further two minutes.